Music for Little Ones is a course of music lessons in a form of workshop especially structured for children from 3 to 5 years of age. We embrace a variety of musical activities, games and methods of learning music.
- An introduction to music following Kodaly principles
- Learning rhythms, music terms and songs
- Group performances and musical entertainment
"My son really looks forward to 'Music for Little Ones'. He sings the songs all week. I have been impressed at how the basic music concepts are being taught. Most of all I'm pleased because my son loves the lessons so much."
First Musical Academy also delivers workshops for little ones in Children Centres and Nursery Schools.
FMA has a Child Protection policy in place.
According to psychological researches, sounds, harmony and singing provide all-round training for the brain. A study done at the University of California at Irvine found that classical music in particular, strengthens the connections in the brain that are necessary for logical thinking.
The lessons are divided into the following four parts:
- Listening to music - children are encouraged to listen carefully to classical music of different genres and then express their impressions or associations they have made through painting or in words.
- Introductions of instruments - in every lesson a new instrument is introduced to the children in terms of exploring their sound, appearance and some basic techniques.
- Music Alphabet - introduction to the music grammar (notes, signs and tonality).
- Singing - in every lesson children learn a new song with piano accompaniment or a backing track.